Ground Team Member 3 is an important qualification for those interested in assisting with the Civil Air Patrol search and rescue/disaster relief missions. The following list will explain some of the requirements needed in order to become GT qualified:
- Requirement 1: Complete General Emergency Services (GES: CAPT 116 General ES) training.
- GES is found under Online Training / Learning Management System / AXIS
- Requirement 2: Complete the FEMA IS-100 and IS-700 courses online on the FEMA website. To do this you will need a FEMA Student ID, you can get one on FEMA’s website. Please note that CAP does not have control over these courses or your FEMA student account. You can take the courses at these links. IS-100 IS-700. Each course will take you roughly 3 hours.
- Upon completion and successfully passing each FEMA course, you will be sent an email explaining how to receive your completion certificate.
- The completion certificate must be uploaded to your eServices account under Operation Qualifications (please see your Chain of Command for more information)
- Requirement 3: Complete ICUT (Introductory Communications User Training)
- ICUT: This test has two parts, an online video with test and the hands on part, which will be conducted by the Communications Officer.
- Connect with your Chain of Command to arrange the hands-on portion of the training.
- Requirement 4: Finally, you will need a 24 hour pack for the initial Ground Team training. The full packing list can be found here (PDF).